Friday, May 25, 2012

Pipe/Vein Mini Game Development

This week I am working on my final mini game for this project. It will be based around the pipe dream type of games that require the player to connect a series of pipe sections to link one point to another. As of right now I have most of the groundwork set up for the game, and the only thing that I have left to do is devise a way for the game to detect the win conditions. I will need to develop an algortithm that will go through the connected pipes and determine if they manage to connect the start and end points. I originally was going to use a static "solution map" and compare it to the game map to see if the pieces were in the right places, but I quickly learned that many of the levels will have more than one way to solve them, and any win detection method I develop will need to take that into account. Next week I should have all of the code completed, and will focus on replacing all of the place holder art assets I am currently using.

No comments:

Post a Comment